Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I LOVE THE DOME OF THE ROCK!!!!

Some friends and I finally made it to visit the Dome of the Rock. I've seen it everyday since I've been here and have been dying to see it. It is quite a magnificent building. The Dome of the Rock is located on Mount Moriah and is built on top of a huge rock where Muslims believe that Abraham almost sacrificed Ishmael (we believe it was Isaac). So it was pretty cool to be there as well.
So I learned about the Dome of the Rock in my humanities of Islam class this fall and got to see pictures of the inside, amazing. But pictures are not as cool as the real deal. Can I get an amen? So I really was dying to the inside for my very self, and I think as a humanities major, I should be given more consideration to get inside. I confidently walked right up to the man standing outside the door and he said, You Muslim? and I said, No but I... Then you can't get in, thankyou for visiting! DANGIT. Shot down. I even asked a tour guide to go talk to him and he got no further than I did. Don't worry though, its not over until the fat lady sings. I have connections in my branch here so I'm hoping to get in that way. I'll keep ya'll posted on what happens with that.



1 comment: