Friday, February 27, 2009

City of Davy Gravy

Yesterday we took a field trip to the City of David. After just having read about David in the Bible for my Old Testament class, it was amazing to put a picture with the stories I’ve learned about for so long. The city is on such a huge hill, it makes total sense how David could see Bathsheba… scandalous. I loved it.

My favorite part of the day was wading through Hezekiah’s tunnel. Hezekiah built a tunnel under the city to run the water from the Gihon springs to the Pools of Siloam. The water was pretty brown, luckily it was so dark I didn’t find that out until the end, and it went up to the top of my thigh. It was a blast! At one point, Brother Wilson commanded us to turn off our flashlights and walk through in the pitch black. YEAH! It was so fun. Luckily, there weren’t any rats either… to the best of my knowledge. Then we saw where the Pool of Siloam probably was. I LITERALLY WALKED WHERE JESUS WALKED. We got to walk on the steps that were around the pool at the time of Christ and most likely, He would have walked there as well.
So the water was pretty low here, but you can see how high it went by the dark line located on the upper thigh of my blue jeans. It was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so cool!! :):) I love all the pictures and stuff that you post! Today is a totally beautiful Sunday in Provo, and everyone is outside lounging in the yards and our stoop is full of people. We miss you here!

    ~Dawn~

    ReplyDelete